Thursday, August 29, 2013

Tri shutter card tutorial by Blankina


Hi all,

I am so happy to share my first tutorial with you at Yumi & Fumi!!
Do you like the card above?? Would you like to make one??
It is a tri shutter card.
 It is fun to make, I have seen different tutorials in blog land and this is mine.

You will need the following:

cardstock of choice size A 4  ( 29, 5 cm x 21 cm )
design papers
scissors
glue
ruler
pencil
cutter
scoreboard  ( I have used my multi-pro from crafter's companion )
stamps and decorations of choice

step 1:
Out of the A4 cardstock you will need to lightly mark

the long side at 5cm  -  10 cm  - 19,5 cm  - 24, 5 cm 
the short side at 4 cm - 11 cm 
the remaining piece needs to be removed

step 2:
this is what you get 
now cut along the red lines ( see step 1 )

step 3: 
score the lines
up fold and down folds
 ( see step 1 )

step 4:
your card should look like this afterwards

step 5:
bend the folds 

step 6:
cut design paper pieces to decorate the tri shutter card

9, 5 cm x 6 cm  = 2 pieces
9 cm x 6 cm = 1 piece
9 cm x 3, 5 cm = 2 pieces
4,5 cm x 3, 5 cm =  8 pieces 
( I have used two different papers, 4 pieces of design paper and 
4 pieces of marbled papers which I have embossed ) 

step 7:
glue it onto the tri shutter card like this

step 8:
I have embellished the tri shutter card with Yumi & Fumi stamps
 and some dies and ribbon
What do you think??


the closed tri shutter card fits into a normal C 6 envelope

my recipe:
stamp Yumi & Fumi ( here ), swirls stamp Kaisercraft, floral stamp Marianne Design,
sentiment stamp The Greeting Farm, hexagon die Nellie Snellen, butterfly die Sizzix,
design papers Marianne Design, foil art cardstock , embossing folder, ribbon, strass

Hope you have enjoyed my little tutorial, is it all clear to you?
 If you have questions or comments do not hesitate to leave a  message on my BLOG.

Cannot wait to see your cards!
THANKS!

7 comments:

Denice said...

I love this card tutorial Blankina. Great DP and look how you placed the images....adorable!
Win/Win for us here at Y&FH!

Becca's Place said...

Love your card!

Lisa T said...

Awesome shutter card!

Tiziana Biagioli said...

Ciao Anna come sempre sei bravissima..adoro i colori e il timbro che hai usato..bellissimo
Hugs

Unknown said...

This is amazing Blankina! Love the color combo and how you put Y&F into a octagon shape =)

RiNNE said...

Great tut, Blankina! I've always wanted to learn how to do that!

Leanne said...

Oh Blankina!! This is gorgeous! Its even more beautiful in person!! Great tutorial!!!